Thursday 7 July 2016

Nothing can seperate us



In the past week I've been focusing on these verses in Romans 8 : 35-39
'Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.'

There is so much in these verses I really don't know where to start apart from saying read over these verses a few times and soak them in.

I am a terribly distracted woman. I hate the things that can stretch me away from God , for me that can be endless , my ill health is very good at taking my focus from God, so also is any anxious thought.
 I am such a worrier. I worry about everything at times, my husband's health;my son's education; my son's future; my future; what's for breakfast, lunch or dinner; do I have somewhere to go this week? ;
Am I well enough to go anywhere? Will I have enough energy for a bath?; and the list is endless. Do I have energy to worry about all these things? Simple answer is no, of course not. Does my own self rationale make me stop? No!

Only focusing on God and His word makes a real difference. (Just to note when I refer to God, I refer to the trinity, God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit)
It's so easy to reflect on tribulation, distress, peril, death, present or future and think the worst but when you are a true Christian we have Jesus Christ rooted in our hearts and the word is clear. Nothing can separate us from God's love. We must believe this!

Think about

What distracts you from your daily walk with God?
How do you respond to the fact that nothing can seperate us from God's love?
Ask God to help you believe and soak in this passage of scripture !

No comments:

Post a Comment