Sunday 16 October 2016

If only you could read my mind!



I've been watching too much Sci-fi lately especially Star Trek
Voyager.  Recently I saw an episode all about a telepathic community and how they had to control their thoughts as they could read each others thoughts easily. As I watched I was thinking  how glad I was that nobody could read my mind.

I'm sure if others could read my mind they wouldn’t want to talk to me let alone be friends with me. 
We can have horrible thoughts about others, fleshly thoughts of anger, frustration, bitterness, where you come away from an argument or conversation and know what you should have said compared to what you actually did say! We think of vengeance and instead of acting that out because we don't want to face the conflict and instead we find that a good film on vengeance helps! (I know for a fact I'm not the only one who thinks like this but we're too afraid to admit it.) 
However there is someone who knows every single one of my thoughts good or bad and that one is God of course as we can see clearly in the verses from Psalm 139 below. I find it somewhat reassuring that God knows me inside and out. And He still loves me and desires a relationship with me!

Ps 139

1 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether

 


No comments:

Post a Comment